Janbox Trade Regulation
Welcome to the Janbox e-commerce website which is operated by Janbox Joint Stock Company. Janbox has its head office in Tokyo, Japan. On 18th September, 2021, Janbox establishes its website janbox.com, which operates in the field of cross-border shopping such as purchasing goods from Japan and America. When you access our website, it means you agree to our policies. The website reserves the right to change, edit, add, or remove any part of the General Terms, at any time if necessary. Changes take effect as soon as they are posted on the website in the "News" section. And when you continue to use the website, after the changes to these Regulations have been posted, it means you accept these changes.
Please check regularly for updates on our changes.
2. Instructions for using the website
2.1 Age of using service
When accessing our website, customers must ensure they are above 18 years old or access under the supervision of parents or legal guardians. Customers ensure that they have the capacity for civil acts to perform transactions according to current law provisions.
2.2 Janbox member account
You have to create an account to shop on the website Janbox.com in the framework of the General Regulations. Customers will have to register for an account with authentic information about themselves and update if there are any changes. Each user is responsible for his or her password, account, and activity on the website. Besides, customers must notify us of unauthorized access to the account. We do not have any responsibility, even directly or indirectly, for damages or losses caused by your non-compliance. It is strictly forbidden to use any part of this website for commercial purposes or on behalf of any third party without our written permission. If the user violates any of these, we will cancel your account without prior notice.
2.3 Update customer information
a, Customer name
To facilitate information clarification, debt control, payment accumulation, etc., customers need to accurately fill in their name as in their ID card. Fill in the phone number and email address in the account information so that Janbox can contact customers during the transaction.
Customers need to update the delivery address after registering an account. A customer can have many different receiving addresses within the country. Updating the address makes it possible for customers to accurately estimate the final item price when purchasing. The address also helps the order status to be updated continuously from the time the customer orders until the products are delivered to their home.
During the registration process, you agree to receive promotional emails from the website. If you do not want to continue to receive mail, you can refuse by clicking the link at the bottom of every promotional email.
3. Customer's opinion
All of the website content and your comments are our assets. If we detect any fake information, we will lock your account immediately or take other measures following the law.
4. Accept orders and prices
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order for any reason related to technical errors objectively at any time. We are committed to providing the most accurate price information for consumers. However, as products are purchased from overseas, the purchase price displayed on the website is not the final price. For example, domestic shipping fees occurred in Japan, optional services, etc. Depending on each case, we will contact you to guide or notify you. We also reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order whether or not it has been confirmed or paid.
4.1 Yahoo Auction online service
- Customers are solely responsible for the item when auctioning online on Y! Auction, including information about the seller, item, quality problems, item status, taxes, and domestic shipping fee (if any).
- Customers actively follow their winning auctions and making a payment within 3 days.
4.2 For international purchases
- Customers are solely responsible for the item information on online Japanese/American websites, including seller information; item information (quantity, size, color,etc.), taxes and fee for domestic shipping in that country (if any).
- Customers make payment within 24 hours after confirming the order on the system.
- Customers should take the responsibility for custom duties depending on each country (if required). Customers have to pay this Tax fee to the customs or delivery company.
5. Basic trading conditions for making purchases on Janbox
a. Do not bid or purchase items in spray design
According to the regulations of the airline, Janbox cannot purchase and transport items with spray design (hair spray, mineral spray, mosquito spray, sunscreen spray, gas bottle, etc.) Please check that the item is not an aerosol before purchasing.
b. Do not bid or purchase frozen, or perishable items
The Janbox warehouse is cool and kept at room temperature. As a result, frozen, perishable items sent to warehouses are likely to melt or spoil.
c. Do not purchase items on the list of prohibited items from import
Janbox is the proxy shopping site for purchases and makes the payment for the customer, so we respect the laws of the host country to which items are shipped. The law varies from country to country, so it is the buyer's responsibility to verify that the item is allowed in his or her country. At Janbox, we use a special system to prevent customers from buying items that are on the prohibited or restricted list. However, if customers bid and purchase items in a prohibited or restricted category, we will not take responsibility for any loss that may occur.
→ List of prohibited items
d. You're unable to cancel the auction
Basically, you cannot cancel your bid once you have placed the bid and the bidding notification system is successful. You can only wait for the results at the end of the auction to find out if you are the winner of that auction.
- If you are not the winner of the auction, the intention to cancel the auction is entirely favorable
- If you are the winner of the auction, you can cancel your payment, but this is not recommended.
Cancellation of payment after winning the auction will affect the reliability of your auction account on Janbox, or Yahoo! Auction site may lock your auction account on the website. Therefore, we do NOT encourage the customer to cancel the auction after winning. If customers still want to cancel, so you have to take penalty fees following the regulation, Specifically:* Yahoo Auction online service
- For Yahoo Auction online orders, you are allowed to cancel your payment and take penalties following Janbox's regulations.
- Customers have to pay for penalty fee as regulated by Janbox in cases of late payment, overdue payment, a cancellation that affect the reputation of Janbox company.
- On the auction: If you are the highest bidder at the moment, you cannot cancel your order.
- After winning the auction: We regret that once you become an auction winner, you can cancel your order with 2500 JPY/link.- For orders priced at 1 JPY, the cancellation fee will apply normally for regular, bronzer, silver levels. Particularly for Gold and Platinum levels, cancellation is free. Service fee is 300 yen/ auction and the payment fee is 200yen/ auction.
- You will be automatically locked the auction account if canceling payment from 2 links/week
- You will be permanently locked the auction function in case you intentionally do some actions causing a bad effect to Janbox's reputation, including canceling payment for order many times; Yahoo! Auction site locks your account; we will withdraw and charge 10,000 yen in your fixed balance and stop transactions with these customers.
- For customers using a personal auction account on Yahoo! Auction through Janbox, Customers do NOT automatically put the phone numbers of foreign corporate partners. Customers should contact Janbox for assistance.
Regarding canceling the winning auction, please notify the Janbox Customer Service Center at the hotline or email for support.* International purchase service
For goods purchased on Janbox, customers are NOT ALLOWED TO CANCEL THE ORDER FOR ANY REASON after confirming the order and making payment via the Janbox system.
e. Return goods
Janbox is not selling products, we're just an intermediary that ensures payment and purchases goods on behalf of customers. Therefore, Janbox does not provide a direct warranty/return for products in case of purchasing counterfeit items, or items with technical defects. Janbox will support customers in the complaint and return process to the seller. The item return process is implemented according to the policy of each seller and the regulations of each e-commerce transaction. For online auction orders, Yahoo Auction does not support returns or refunds after winning an auction. Therefore, Janbox recommends that buyers read the information carefully, or contact the customer service staff to contact the seller and find out more about their return policy.
→ Return Policy
6. Trademarks and copyrights
All intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered), information content, and all design, text, graphics, software, images, videos, music, sounds, the source code, and the basic software are the property of Janbox. The entire content of the website is protected by copyright laws of international conventions. Copyright has been reserved.
7. Privacy regulations
Our website takes seriously information security and uses the best measurers to protect your information and payments. Your information during the payment process will be encrypted to ensure safety. You are not allowed to use any programs, tools, or any other form to interfere with the system or change data structure. The website also prohibits spreading, propagating, or promoting any activity aimed at interfering, sabotaging, or accessing our data. Individuals or organizations violating the laws will be deprived of all rights and will be prosecuted if necessary. All transaction information will be held confidential unless we're required by law.
8. Make payments safely & securely at Janbox
- First payment: 100% item's value + JPY300/$3 service fee (for Yahoo! Auction and Mercati plus 200 yen of payment fee) + Plan fee.
- Second payment: Domestic shipping fee + International shipping fee + optional service fees (if any).
Since the clients' payment was completed, Janbox will handle the shipment. If the consumers don't finish the second payment, Janbox won't refund the first payment.
There are 3 accepted payment methods, including:
- Pay with Janbox wallet.
- Credit card/debit card.
9. Expected delivery time
Janbox is not a seller, we are just an intermediary to ensure payment and purchase items from Japan/America for customers. Therefore, the expected delivery time is from 7 - 9 days since the package arrives at our warehouse. This delivery time might be changed depending on factors that are not controlled by Janbox such as weather conditions, customs clearance policy changed, traffic jams, overload, etc. We hope that our customers will understand and accompany us to overcome difficulties when unexpected situations occur.
10. Law and authority in the host country
All General Rules and Contracts (and all obligations arising out of contract or related) will be governed and construed following the laws of the host country. If there is a dispute arising by these General Regulations, customers have the right to submit a complaint to the competent Court for settlement. Above is the content of the general terms to trade on the Janbox e-commerce site. Please read and confirm the information above.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our supporting team via [email protected]