1. What personal information does Janbox collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our services.
Below are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Janbox Services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Janbox Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Janbox Services.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. Click here to see additional examples of the information we receive.
For what purposes does Janbox use your information?
Your personal information will be used to operate, provide, develop, and improve the services that Janbox offers our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and deliver of products and services: We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Janbox Services: We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Janbox Services.
- Recommendations and personalization: We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences and personalize your experience with Janbox Services.
- Comply with legal obligations: In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Janbox Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising: We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks: We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Janbox, and others.
2. Does Janbox Share Your Personal Information?
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Janbox Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores, download applications from third-party application providers from our App Store, and enable third-party skills through our Alexa services. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as co-branded credit cards. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers' personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Janbox and Others: We release accounts and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Janbox, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
3. How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs. Click here for more information on how to manage the security settings of your device.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Janbox account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
4. What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Janbox Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Janbox ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
5. What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, membership, household settings, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
6. What Choices Do I Have?
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Janbox Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. If you don't want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Janbox website (e.g., in "Manage Your Content and Devices"), device, or application. For more information click here. Most non-Amazon devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use Janbox Services?
Janbox does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Janbox Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Information You Give Us When You Use Janbox Services. Provide information to us when you:
- Search or shop for products or services on our website.
- Add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Janbox Services.
- Download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device.
- Provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile.
- Configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an Janbox service.
- Provide information in your Seller Account or any other account we make available that allows you to develop or offer software, goods, or services to Janbox customers.
- Offer your products or services on or through Janbox Services.
- Communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form.
- Identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers.
- Payment information.
- Your age.
- Your location information.
- Your IP address.
- People, addresses, and phone numbers listed in your Addresses.
- Email addresses of your friends and other people.
- Content of reviews and emails to us.