The Dakimakura pillow’s power in Japanese culture is to help us humans get the best restful sleep. Purchasing Dakimakura is not uncommon among Japanese people and anime fans. However, many people don’t know the best place to buy Dakimakura pillows. In this article, you can get all the useful information about Dakimakura.
I. What is Dakimakura?
A dakimakura (抱き枕) is a Japanese-style long pillow with a printed design. Daki (抱き) means “to embrace” and makura (枕) means “pillow,” therefore the name literally translates to “hug pillow.”
Dakimakura are Japanese orthopedic body cushions that are often utilized by Japanese teenagers as “security objects.” Printed images of bishōjo (a Japanese term for beautiful girl) and bishōnen (a Japanese term for beautiful boy) in reclining attitudes from various anime or bishōjo games are commonly included on the pillows.
II. History of Dakimakura
In the 1990s, dakimakura and otaku cultures began to merge. Dakimakura pillowcases began to feature prints of imaginary identities throughout this decade.
Unlike other body pillows, this cushion was designed to give users comfort and emotional support. Dakimakura users, in many ways, continue to seek them out for this same reason, emotional support.
Teenagers in need of emotional assistance were particularly fond of them. This is unsurprising given that this is one of the most emotionally difficult and chaotic periods of one’s life.
The dakimakura’s dimensions have stayed consistent for a long time. Unlike other body pillows, which come in a range of shapes and sizes, dakimakuras are normally 150 to 160 centimeters long, 20 centimeters wide, and 100 centimeters in circumference.
The dakimakura’s rise to the outskirts of mainstream culture was aided by the availability of e-commerce. Battery-powered “talking” pillows were the latest dakimakura innovation in 2015. The dakimakura has a dubious and double-edged popularity today all over the world.
III. What is the composition of Dakimakura?
A Dakimakura is crafted with meticulous attention to detail and is intended to be worn comfortably. As a result, the cloth used to create the body pillow is of the highest quality.
The same can be said of the pillowcase. The pillowcase material used to manufacture the Dakimakura is soft and pleasant to the touch.
The cushion is lined with PP cotton, making the full soft and pleasant pillow. When making a Dakimakura, Diipoo will tell you everything you need to know about the pillow and pillowcase quality.
In addition, the pillowcase’s zipper is smooth and easy to open and close for added comfort. If you get the pillow from a reputable company, you can rest assured that the zipper has been thoroughly tested to ensure that it will not break easily.
Similarly, your Dakimakura’s sutures are all undetectable. This not only improves the pillow’s overall aesthetic appeal but also makes it comfier. Stitches that are visible and errant threads can make the cushion extremely unpleasant.
The zipper of the Dakimakura is also invisible, just like the stitching. This makes the pillow even comfier because you won’t be bothered by a zipper when you’re holding it.
IV. Where to buy the Dakimakura pillow?
If you have a question “Where can I buy dakimakura?”, Janbox is an ideal place for you. All of Janbox’s Dakimakura products are certain to have a personal touch at a great cost. To choose from, we have a large selection of ready-made prints from the big Japanese websites to meet your needs, whether you want a double feature pillow or pillow cover or a one-sided one.
We’d want to hear from you since your comfort and pleasure are important to us. Have you ever shopped with Janbox? What was your experience if you answered yes? We value your comments because it allows us to better serve you. Why not give us a try if you haven’t already?
V. Instructions for buying Dakimakura pillows on Janbox
Step 1: Register Janbox’s account
The simplest method is to go to Janbox’s website. You create a Janbox account and fill in your email address and password, or use your Google or Facebook account to sign up.
Step 2: Use Janbox to look for objects
In the Janbox search bar, type the name or copy the link of the product you’re looking for. You may also use the product categories on the left side of this page to find the products. To make buying easier for customers, Janbox offers six languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Taiwanese. You will have an easier time searching. Search for your favorite things using the categories on the right side of the page.
Step 3: Double-check and validate the item’s specifications
Please double-check the information about the number, color, and size of your chosen goods once you’ve found them. All of this information will be prominently shown in the product’s title and description. Before making a purchase, we urge that you read these requirements thoroughly.
You should also examine the product’s price, if applicable, domestic delivery expenses.
Step 4: Complete your order with the payment for Janbox
Then you must pay the value of the order you just purchased after completing the order form at Janbox.
Janbox accepts two different payment methods.
- Method 1: Pay using your Janbox wallet. It implies that you will deposit into Janbox’s wallet. One point is equal to one yen. If you select this approach, Janbox will automatically deduct the appropriate amount of points when you pay for your order. The points you have left will be used to pay for your next order.
- Method 2: You can pay using your credit card or the PayPal payment method. You only need to provide Janbox with the amount that corresponds to the order value. The transaction is now complete.
Step 5: Select a shipping option
You will receive an email after your order has been delivered to the Janbox warehouse. You must now inform us of any optional services you wish to select, such as consolidation, checking, repacking, etc. After that, you select an international shipping option. Your purchase will arrive ahead of schedule.
After you’ve completed the Janbox payment, the item will be delivered to your address. A tracking number is provided for each shipment method. This tracking number will be sent to you, and you may monitor the status of your order on the Janbox website. The approximate delivery time is 7-10 days. It is determined by the delivery method you select. All you have to do now is pay the overseas shipping price and wait for the products to arrive.
VI. Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What exactly is the purpose of a Dakimakura pillow?
- A body pillow is designed to help with spinal alignment and pressure point relief. Natural shredded latex, organic kapok, natural wool, and a wool/latex blend are the four fill options for Savvy Rest organic body pillows. There are three sizes to choose from 15′′, 17′′, and 20′′.
Q: What is the source of the high cost of dakimakura pillows?
- Companies that produce anime Dakimakura pillows spend money on high-quality raw materials for these soft body pillow covers. They’re quite expensive, and the price will vary depending on the materials used. Occasionally, people place a higher value on quality than on the cost of the fabric.
Q: What is the best way to utilize a body pillow?
- Place the body pillow along your body’s length.
- Place the pillow between your legs and wrap your right leg around it to cradle the cushion if you’re sleeping on your left.
- You can cuddle the body pillow or rest your hands on it lovingly.
Q: What are the sizes of Dakimakura pillows?
- Dakimakura come in two sizes: 160 or 150cm in length and 50cm in width 100cm in diameter. Dakimakura were only available in one size until the mid-2000s: 160cm x 50cm. Due to shipping cost reductions from being under the 2 kilogram (4 lb 7 oz) airmail weight limit, 150cmx50cm dakimakura has been increasingly popular since the late 2000s. Due to the increased popularity, additional sizes have been developed to accommodate people of different heights and ages; nonetheless, the five most popular sizes are 180×60, 170×60, 160×60, 150×50, and 140×40 cm.
Q: Where to buy Dakimakura inner pillow?
- You can use the keywords “Dakimakura buy online” or “eBay Dakimakura” to search for the products that you want on eBay or other websites. There are a lot of online stores like Dakimakuri that sell Dakimakura’s items.
Q: Should I buy a Dakimakura?
- There’s nothing wrong with going for your dreams. Of course, if you collect anime goods as a hobby, owning a Dakimakura pillow is entirely unlawful. Furthermore, having this unique product would make you feel more at ease when sleeping, consequently enhancing your health.
Dakimakura is a cute pillow to have if you’re a fan of anime or like oddities from other cultures. With Janbox and the above shopping guide, you can buy Dakimakura pillow in the easiest and fastest method. Have a great time and happy collecting!